Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let's Be Honest

I love to talk about my kids. I can go on and on and on about how wonderful they are, how proud I am of them, and how they are God's gift to me and mankind.

But I don't feel that way all the time.

There are times when I know exactly how Darth Vader felt --- just a simple guy trying to conquer the universe.... and here come those pesky kids who ruin your day.

There are days when its hard not to feel they're out to get you.

Or that people who commit Munchausen by Proxy are on to something.

Days where you feel that if you had to watch one more hour Playhouse Disney or have one more conversation analyzing how much better Barbie is than the Bratz your head would explode.

And you wonder if its still possible to run away from home and join the circus, even though you're already 35, because life there is surely less crazy than the life you live now.

Parents never say these things out loud because, God-forbid, people might think you don't like being a parent.... or worse... you don't love your kids.

You do like being a parent. And you do love your kids.

But you do feel like this, sometimes.

So let that force within you go.

Welcome to the dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment